Hayle has two main shopping centres at either end of the town.
With this website we aim to encourage local trade. If we purchase products that are not having to travel thousands of miles to reach us we can reduce our carbon footprint and become more sustainable. By using local produce we are supporting our local economy.
Here are just a few places where you can support local commerce:
- Pratts Indoor Market Just off Foundry Square with lots of local traders including:
- Colins Market Garden – local fruit and vegetables
- Shelley’s Furniture Emporium – antiques and second hand furniture – all recycled!
- Lucy Kemp Jewellery
- Foundry Gallery – Occupying the upper floor of the old Wesleyan Chapel with local resident artist Jane Glover and photographer Andy Parker.
- HD Framing
- Sue’s Yarns and Fabrics
- Salt Photography Ltd – Wedding and Portrait Photography
- The Real Camera Shop
- Think Pink – Spiritual Shop
- Mutiny – alternative fashion
- All things Nice – traditional sweet shop
Delicious selection of locally produced pasties and cakes
Local bakery supplying bread, cakes, pastries and pasties
Trevaskis Farm, Gwinear
An organic farm producing fruit and vegetables and meat with a restaurant.They also have ‘pick your own’ produce and provide educational opportunities for schools and individuals alike.
Vegetarian and vegan food all home cooked.
Concentrates on work by artists and craftworkers living in Cornwall.
Occupying the upper floor of the old Wesleyan Chapel at the Foundry end of Hayle with local resident artist Jane Glover and photographer Andy Parker.